Tue 9 Apr 2019
The role of this post is to take responsibility for day-to-day secretarial support functions to the Harbour Master, working closely with the Administrative Assistant. This role also offers the opportunity to help establish and develop new systems and processes, working closely with the board of Commissioners to ensure full compliance with all Port regulations.
• Port Accounting - coordinate the preparation of bi-monthly financial results for Commissioner Meetings. Liaising with the external accountants for the Port’s annual accounts and payroll data.
• Annual General Meeting/ Harbour Users Advisory Committee meeting- organise the meeting, take minutes, and distribute documents.
• Administration - From dredge logs submitted, report tonnage dredged under the Port’s Dredging licence, keep track of diesel sales, recording and banking of all monies received in the office, general invoicing, recording of purchase invoices, raising payments to suppliers, filing of office paperwork.
• Harbour Office –manning of the Harbour Office, answering telephone calls, engaging with the public, registering visiting boats.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
To receive an application pack please write to Robert Smith MBE at the Harbour Office, Old Lifeboat House, West Quay, Wells next the Sea,NR23 1AT or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address.
Your application should include a covering letter about yourself and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Applications to be returned by 22nd April 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wells Harbour Commissioners is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.